Combat as Skill Challenge
Combat as a Skill Challenge
How It works
Basically, we set a time limit to combat (1 hour in general). During that time, you are attempting to accrue 3 successes (generally) before 3 failures. When the number of successes is attained, you succeed and we move on. When 3 failures happen, the combat ends, there are repercussions, and we move on. The goal is to get through the fight quickly and onto the story. Obviously, this is more important for combats that are tangential to the plot. Boss fights will play out from beginning to end.
- each 1/3 of non-minion enemies bloodied
- each 1/3 of non-minion enemies are brought to 0 hp (rounded up).
- intimidate a bloodied opponent
- Hit with a daily
- Bloody an obvious leader
- Bloody a level+2 opponent
- All minions killed
- 1/3 of the character party (rounded up) is bloodied
- First death save failed
- use 1/10 of healing surges
- miss with a non-item daily
- unused class encounter power (at time up)
- character killed (3 failed death saves or negative bloodied value)
- 0 successes before 3 failures: TPK, Wipe, etc.
- 1 success before 3 failures: everyone loses a healing surge (without getting hit points), bloodied characters lose an additional healing surge.
- 2 successes before 3 failures: everyone loses a healing surge.
If brought to 0 healing surges, characters must take an extended rest to go on.